The purpose of Bessemer City Schools is to educate and empower our students to successfully compete in a global society.
- Bessemer is situated in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain Range, less than 15 miles from downtown Birmingham.
- The climate is mild, with an average annual temperature of 62.4 degrees Fahrenheit and average annual rainfall of 57.12 inches.
- Has a population of over 29, 900 people
- Has a public school enrollment of over 3,500
- Major regional enterprises include a wide range of high-tech manufacturing concerns, and increasing number of service industries, higher education in the form of state universities and private colleges, and a growing convention industry.
The mission of Bessemer City Schools is to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment that meets the needs of the whole child through quality instruction, programs, and resources.