- Bessemer is situated in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain Range, less than 15 miles from downtown Birmingham.
- The climate is mild, with an average annual temperature of 62.4 degrees Fahrenheit and average annual rainfall of 57.12 inches.
- Has a population of over 27,000 people
- Has a public school enrollment of over 3,000
- Major regional enterprises include a wide range of high-tech manufacturing concerns, and increasing number of service industries, higher education in the form of state universities and private colleges, and a growing convention industry.
The vision of Bessemer City Schools is to serve as a model of excellence by preparing all students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in their unique endeavors.
• Student-Centered Focus
• High Expectations
• Collaborative Relationships
• Respect for All
• Accountability for All
• Diversity and Inclusivity