Registration for Pre-K
Alabama’s nationally recognized First Class Pre-K programs are now accepting pre-registration applications for the 2022-2023 school year. To participate, each child must provide a birth certificate documenting that he/she is 4 years old (and not yet 5) on or before September 2, 2022, and must also be an Alabama resident (documented with proof of residence such as a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage) throughout enrollment.
The online pre-registration form must be completed in its entirety. It is especially important that names and addresses entered into the form are spelled correctly and capitalized where needed. This information will go into our official database exactly as it is entered.
this form places your child in the Alabama First Class Pre-K random
selection process. If your child’s name is drawn for a space in a
program you have selected, you will be notified. Children who are not
selected will be placed on the waiting list for any future available
This online pre-registration process requires that each family enter a valid email address to establish an account. If your family has more than one child eligible for Pre-K, only one family account is needed. Families may pre-register children for multiple program locations.
Note that public school programs may restrict eligibility by school zones. Proof of residence (current utility bill or copy of lease or mortgage) is required and may be uploaded to your pre-registration account or submitted in person directly to each program for which you pre-register.
Please create only one account. Duplicate accounts will be deleted and may result in delayed pre-registration.
Carefully preview the following STEPS you will use for pre-registration:
1. You will create an account by providing a valid email address and password that you must remember.
2. Next, you will enter the name, address, phone number(s), and email address of the parent/legal guardian who will be the primary account holder. You will have the option to provide information about a second legal guardian if you wish.
3. Next, you will enter the first name of the child to be pre-registered. You will be able to add one or more additional children by clicking "Add Child" and entering additional names.
4. After entering this basic information, you will be prompted to select FINISH at the bottom of the screen to create the account and begin entering specific information about each child.
5. You will complete the personal information for each child including date of birth, gender, primary language, etc.
6. Next, you will select the Pre-K program(s) for which you wish to pre-register.
7. The final step will be to review your information and selections, then submit your completed pre-registration by clicking the "Check Out" button.
To begin, click the picture to create your account, then follow the prompts to complete the process.
THE NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION IS FOR STUDENTS THAT DID NOT ATTEND PRE-K-12TH GRADE IN BESSEMER CITY SCHOOLS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR. ALL STUDENTS THAT ATTENDED IN 2021-2023 SCHOOL YEAR SHOULD REGISTER AS A RETURNING STUDENT.
Bessemer City Schools is excited to offer our students and parents the opportunity to complete online student registration. When you register your student, please make sure you select the correct link. If you choose the incorrect link, you will have to re-register for the correct school year; data is not transferable.
After completing online student registration, you may be required to visit the school campus and present proof of residency, along with other documents. Your school will notify you if this is needed.
Please have the following documents available prior to beginning your child's registration:
Birth Record (child must turn 5 on or before 9/1/22)
Social Security Card (voluntary)
Proof of Residence (Lease or Deed) with Two Current Utility Bills
Current Immunization Record
Medical Documentation (if applicable)
Custody Agreement (if applicable)
RETURNING STUDENT ONLINE REGISTRATION PORTAL
Bessemer City Schools is excited to offer our students and parents the opportunity to complete online student registration. When you register your student, please make sure you select the correct link. Students that are new to Bessemer or weren't enrolled during the 21-22 school year should register as a New Student.
IF YOU HAVE A STUDENT THAT WAS ENROLLED IN BESSEMER CITY SCHOOLS FOR THE 21-22 SCHOOL YEAR, THEY SHOULD HAVE A SNAPCODE. CHECK YOUR (PARENT) EMAIL FOR A SNAPCODE EMAIL DIRECTLY FROM POWERSCHOOL.
RETURNING STUDENTS SHOULD PROVIDE (BY UPLOAD OR PAPER) A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING:
A current copy or lease or deed (signature page required)
Most recent utility bill (must not be past due)
Parent ID (must not be expired)